Friday, December 12, 2008

My First Blog

Well, this is my first blog. I'm calling it useful religion because that's the point of religion, to be useful. If your religious beliefs are sitting on the periphery of your life, as an addendum or a footnote, then they're not doing you much good. My goal in this blog is to provide useful, quality discussion of important religious issues. These issues will not necessarily be current events, though some might be, instead they will be issues of theology, philosophy, and biblical teaching important to my own life and issues that I consider important to the lives of others.
So, before I go any further let me briefly discuss my qualifications, after all you don't want to be taking your religious advice from some loon on the internet right? Well...I hope not at least.
I am a conservative Christian and so the majority of my posts will have to do with Christian theology, belief, and biblical exegesis. However I will, from time to time, post something pertinent to other religious beliefs as well. I have a Master of Divinity from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary and have studied theology, Christian history, biblical exegesis and hermeneutics (exegesis is the study of what the scripture actually says while hermeneutics is the study of how what it says should be interpreted), Christian leadership, Greek, and Hebrew. Along these major areas of study are more minor studies in church administration and growth, evangelism, world religions (focusing on far eastern religions), and religious philosophy.
Well, that's it for this post, I intend to update this blog every day or two with new posts on matters of religious and theological import to the everyday life of the Christian. Please don't think this will be a blog for theologians and biblical scholars only, though they are certainly welcome to read, I intend this blog to be pertinent to the individual Christian's life and spiritual walk.
I hope that you find this blog useful in the future and take the chance to put into practice the teachings I put forth.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I am a conservative Christian, too. I'd like to hear about parts of your religion are 'useful' in your own life.

    ReplyDelete